Socks have been a new adventure! She hasn't worn them since she was a "little baby" and they are a wonderful new discovery for her. So I get to put them on her again and again and again...And oh look, she pulled them off again!
But these outfits are so cute and her little arms, legs, and feet are kept warm. Though with the usual early Pennsylvania autumn she's stripped down to a onsie by late afternoon as that part of the day is still fairly warm.
Here's a little fashion show of my favorite outfits "of the season"!
I love this outfit! Hopefully the length still fits when her waist catches up...She's got the skinniest little waist, she's going to be so hard to dress during growthspurts!
Playing with one of Mommie's Mei Tai's...It's my new "fall" one green corduroy, soo comfy!
Crawling around...Notice the mail on the floor and her faithful blanket, she attached herself to that blanket around 3 mos and now it lives with her... I keep it on a chair in the living room and she goes over to it every now and then and snuggles it. She is rarely upset if she has that blanket!
The mail is a new love of hers, she has learned how to pull up on the end tables and will reach her arms up and try to find any thing of interest... We let her have any mail that isn't important she carries it around and enjoys ripping it up...Saves on having to shred it!
We will call this "first position" for the snoopy dance. Unfortunately she has her first "serious" cold and is a little out of it in these pictures. She had a fever of 101 last night. But slept through the night so the cold seems to be working in our favor at the moment!
Her sleep habits DRASTICALLY improved as soon as she mastered crawling and pulling up! She started really crawling a week and a half before she was 7mos old. Pulling up 3 days before her 7mos birthday...Within a few days of that she started sleeping better at night. She still wakes up for a feeding or two but since she is still pretty much exclusively breastfed (I stopped solids for now, she wasn't ready and she's still gaining steadily and satisfied with my milk) I feel she still needs at least 1 feeding at night.
She has finally learned to put herself back to sleep if she wakes up at other times...It did take some crying on her part, but I'm glad we waited untill we could recognize "temper tantrum" crying (which started pretty much on her 8mos birthday) rather than just letting her cry it out because "that's what you do" (which just didn't seem right for her).
She was waking up consistantly around 4am wanting to play with Mommie, and then flipping out if we put her back to bed... One or two early morning cry fest(s) seemed to solve the problem (though boy were we tired those days!). She has since stopped throwing those tantrums and only lets out a tiny fuss when I lay her back in her bed.
Pulling up on the ottoman
And the front of the outfit, she really looks like she is giving me "I am way too cool for this" look!
She is getting really good at standing, she plays this game where she'll stand at the ottoman and lift her hands and balance for a second or two and then hold back on. She CAN stand on her own. I have seen her stand for 5 seconds or more, only to fall or grab on to something when she realizes nothing is holding her up! I joke she's like a Looney Tunes charecture, when they realize they are standing on nothing over the ravine, THEN they fall...
All in good time... And I'm in no rush to be chasing a RUNNING baby.


1 comment:
oh isn't this time so fun!?! she is such a sweetie. hope you guys are doing great. i love reading your blog!
Post a Comment