Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Friday, April 10, 2009

New Baby Musings...

I don't know if I posted about it on here, but we had our 20 week ultrasound a few weeks ago, and they are leaning towards the "girl" side- though we never got a really great look- my babies like to relax froggie style and those little feet were once again (just like Riley) "tucked up" and we got a few glimpses but I still don't feel like we know one way or another...So we shall see! We have the option of doing another ultrasound after 28 weeks because as it turns out the placenta is slightly previa (covering the cervix [which is baby's exit!])- but we're confident that as every thing grows the placenta will move up and out of the way... I am pretty sure I had the same thing with Riley- but the whole lack of kidney (they thought- as far as we know she has 2!) and "low" amniotic fluid (at 21 weeks) kinda overshadows that specific memory.

So we're not sure if we'll confirm the gender for sure- it's really kinda fun not knowing!!! We'll most likely get the follow up u/s- though honestly I don't feel it's necessary- my instincts say (and my midwife agrees) that my body'll do what it should to make a way for the baby to exit- true placenta previa in my situation is on the rarer side. - We're just thankful my placenta wasn't attracted to my c-section scar: now THAT can cause some super complications!

Anyway, new baby be it boy or girl is doing wonderfully- I have been feeling a LOT of movement recently and she/he (we're going to assume "she" I guess from here on out, but really we don't know!) has really become reactive- especially to Riley Joy's voice. Riley loves my belly, she gets the biggest kick out of lifting up my shirt to rub it and give baby kisses- it is adorable. We don't really know how much she understands what's going on- or what changes are on the way. But she defintiely doesn't kiss any one else's tummy or lay her head on them and go "aaaaaw". :0) And the baby on the inside just starts popping around in there. Riley's going to start feeling some serious kicks back soon!

Not that we wouldn't love a boy- we'll take whatever the Lord sends and feel so blessed. But a tiny part of me hopes for a girl. My sister and I are 4ish years apart and that age gap for our personalities was just too big- we played together as tiny children but after she turned 9 or 10 she didn't want any thing to do with me-My being 5 made me just too much of a baby I guess.

I have been praying that if this baby is a girl that their personalities will mesh well and they'll be able to stay close (for the most part- I'm sure we'll all have our weeks/months of not-so-friendly times). I would LOVE for Riley Joy to have a little sister and friend - and honeslty when Riley and I have our "dance parties" (haha we turn on music and act silly to music) it would be extra fun to have TWO little girls to party with... Not that a boy couldn't join in the fun-hehe I'm sure he would spin in circles and fall down way better than the girls! :0) But it would be fun to have two joylies to play with (Oh we've pretty much decided our girls will all have my middle name "joy" - but we'll see! :0).

I have to say I love this age. Though some apsects are getting challenging - like Riley's new love of climbing up on every thing sometimes too high! And she's starting to test more where the boundries are at and following through consistantly EVERY time (no matter what) can be exhausting- I have really really been enjoying Riley- this age is amazingly fun!!!!!!

Okay enough rambling- I'm off to bed I took a long nap today but staying up late is probably not the best idea.

No comments: