The scene: a dark room, lit by a small night light. The sound (yes, magic snow globes have sound too!) of white noise whooshing and Amity's sleepy noises, snugging against me trying to fall asleep. Ryan and Riley whispering while she gets settled in her bed... Ryan softly singing her bedtime song (Puff the Magic Dragon).
We are so blessed. Today was an above average day. No one was especially fussy- actually I got a lot done around the house- and the girls and I had a lot of fun being silly on the bed after nap time. I got to read a chapter of a book (miracle!) while Amity nursed and Riley jumped on the bed or snuggled next to me. There were only minor meltdowns before nap and bed (someone got tooooo tired!). It was a good day.
Life is moving so fast, and as the Holidays approach it's only going to get faster. But I hope as we put the girls to bed every night we can enjoy it. It's hard some days, two little ones under two years old... Draining! They need so much, the older one moves so much, talks so much (;0), and IS so much. And the littler one, needs so much and eats so much. But they're growing so fast, we're going to blink and realize our little family doesn't need us to lay with them at night to fall asleep- those days will be over... I am looking forward to days where I get to use the bathroom alone, to shower before Ryan gets home from work, getting to read a chapter of a book every day...But on the flip side, I'll miss the little face that pops between me and the page and says "HI" and bends to kiss her sister... I'll miss hearing LOUD toddler voices yelling "MOOOOOMMMMMY!!!!!!" when I leave the room. I'll miss that look of sheer joy and adoration when I peel off soggy PJ's and dirty diapers.
Yup I still wish I could have that snow globe.
A verse from Riley's favorite song:
"Dragons forever but not so little girls and boys
painted wings and giants rings make way for other toys.
One grey night it happened Jackie Paper came now more
And puff that mighty dragon he ceased his fearless roar."
Almost.


No comments:
Post a Comment