It is incredible to watch Riley Joy's vocabulary and understanding of different concepts grow.
She blows us away every day!
She has started using the "big potty" instead of her little potty chair. This is so nice on so many levels- she is no longer going 5 times an hour, no emptying out the potty chair. No potty chair sitting in the living room and getting taken apart 6,933,939,173,839 times a day. The only downside is that trips to the bathroom a few times a day DO take at least 5 minutes if not 15! Riley LOVES to sit on the potty and read. Thankfully I can leave her there (as long as the toilet paper is out of reach!) go change Amity's diaper or sort some laundry in the bedroom. As long as I check in every few minutes Riley is content to sit and look at her book. Occasionally she'll shout to me about some thing that is happening on the page.
Right now her favorite bathroom book is one about Dinosaurs (When Dinosaurs Came With Every thing)- it's a small book paperback book that came in a box of cereal. It's just the right size for her hands and she can turn the pages easily. This morning I was checking in and she points to the page and says, "tri-sara-tops" (!?!?!??!?!?!?!), I said "Yes, that probably is!" (I have no clue!) she then turns the page where they are at a place that looks like a library and says "trisaratops goes to the library!"
How in the world did she learn to talk? When did it happen?
On Sunday at church she was using the potty and she starts telling me about some thing that happened on Sesame Street a few days ago. There is a new segment on the new season of SS that she loooves it's called "Abby Cadabby's Flying Fairy School" where 3 fairies go to fairy school and learn how to "twinkle think" and problem solve. The classroom has a pet that is part gerble and part unicorn they call it a "gerblecorn" she looooves that thing. In the one episode the gerblecorn gets away and Riley roars with laughter (I caught her watching this episode on video -I don't have it on the computer yet- because I'd never seen her laugh so hard at some thing on TV)... Well she's using the potty and all of a sudden starts telling me about that episode. "Gerblecorn run away. heheeh he took it [the wand?] and hide it. hehehe he so funny. They can't get him."
She also loves to reenact her favorite Sesame Street moments. Last week Big Bird fell down while rollerskating and hurt his wing and had to go to the doctor. The rest of the day she skated around the house and would fall down and come to me, "I fell, hurt wing!!! Go to doctor now." over and over again.
The concepts she is understanding are opposites: bright and dark, too small and too big. Yesterday she put blocks up on her head and was trying to pull the arch over her eyes like glasses "uh, too small!" when they wouldn't fit.
I am soaking up newly two, such a fun enjoyable age. From what I read and hear 2.5-3.5 is when things get hard. Two is: how much control do I have over me and Three is: How much control do I have over YOU.
Should be fun...Enjoying the peace.
This is getting long. Amity is also doing awesome, she has started to try waving and she's creeping and rolling all over the place. She's teething so hard right now, biting and chewing like her life depends on it. She does full push ups now and it's only a matter of time before she's off and running- My life is about to become a lot more interesting!
Just had to write all that out. I found a way to make our blog into an e-book and downloaded 1.5 years of memories the other week...Going to continue writing things like this out so the girls and I can read it together down the road.


1 comment:
this is such a fun stage isn't it??? gotta love it.
how do you do the ebook thing?
Post a Comment