If Potty Training talk grosses you out feel free to skip this post. ;0)
It's been much easier and less stressful than I ever imagined it could be! We just finished day 2 of being accident free! Last weekend was a bit stressful as we all tried to figure out exactly how this was going to work for all of us. We origionally dived in totally underwear...But after 2 or 3 days we backed off big time and let her in to cloth diapers with out covers... Well she had a messy accident in that one time and it was enough! She realized how much nicer pooping in the potty is and so far she hasn't looked back!!! She is SO proud and SO happy to have this new skill. She hops up from her little potty seat and shouts "I pooped in da POTTY!!!!!!!!!" races with us to the bathroom to clean every thing up and triumphantly munches her "bruit snack" (fruit snacks) a new thing to her and definitely effective "reward"...
It's cute! She'll say "Mommy, bruit snack?" I reply, "Yup when you put your pee/poop in the potty you get some" she runs over and some times has success- other times she just jumps up and "I did it!!!!!!" and then looks down at the potty in a 'oh never mind' kind of way. It's been a lot of fun!
I also realized a few days into this that some of her bad moods/fussy times were when she had to go potty but didn't want to have a messy diaper...It seems that the poor girly knew what was going on in those diapers and found the whole process unpleasant. Since it's "clicked" if she starts to get agitated/fussy I say "Riley you're acting like you need to potty" and she runs over and goes!!!
I'm really shocked that she understood all this so young...I was sure we'd give it a shot now and we'd be working on it until next summer (and really we'll be working on it until next summer- but I was imagining to be a lot more messy :0D)
Riley is so proud. Today she was jumping (stark naked, mind you) on her new trampoline yelling "I grown up!!!! I GROWN UP!!!!!!"
No baby, you're not...not yet. And please take your time! I can't believe we're already in the middle of potty learning and two year old stuff. How fast life goes.


No comments:
Post a Comment