Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Monday, August 18, 2008

Ba Ba Ba Goes The Dinasaur!

We have a rowrly growly girl these days. Riley's favorite past time these days is to pull herself up on the ottoman peek up at us and then let out a long Grrrrrowl while gumming her jaws and making a goofy face. After a chorus or two from our dinosaur she starts telling us about her life "ba ba ba ba baaaaaa bababa baaaaaa".

Our baby has discovered the "ba" sound! It's amazing how one day they aren't doing some thing and the next - there ya go! Friday night on our way home from D.C. I was talking to my friend Laura on my cell phone. We hadn't talked in several weeks and we were catching up. Laura's daughter is a little over 2 weeks younger than Riley and it's fun to have our babies so close in age. Audrey has been "talking" for a few weeks now saying "da-da" and "ba-ba" and "nigh-nigh". I was saying how Riley hasn't done it once yet. She's been so focused on crawling and learning to walk she just hasn't seemed interested in "talking" (beyond gurgles and growls).
Well Riley was staring at me the entire time (I was riding in the backseat with her) I was saying this and she must have decided it was time to pull out some new tricks! Not 12 hours after that conversation Riley started "talking". And she hasn't shut up! :0P

This morning at 5:45 we woke up to a loooong chorus of "ba ba ba's" along with a few dinosaur growls. She makes "n", "m", "g", "l", and "k" sounds but not yet in a repetitive way like she does with "ba". It's so cute, when one of us leaves the room she starts calling really loud "BA BA BA!!!!!"

That's also another wonderful recent new thing, seperation anxiety. She's always been really good at entertaining herself for 20-30 minutes at a time, and she still does. But if she crawls too far away from me, or if I go out of sight for too long she starts to fuss. On the weekends Ryan (wonderful Daddy and husband that he is) will often take Riley downstairs if she wakes up too early so I can get some extra sleep (as she's not really sleeping through the night and I am the one who takes care of all her night time needs some days I am preeetty tired, though we've been seeing some major improvements lately!). This weekend I only got a little extra sleep because after about 30-40 minutes Riley would hit a "meltdown" point and scream inconsolably until Daddy brought her up to see me. She's recently realized she and I aren't the same person and not having me in sight seems to be a scary thing. All these new developments!

Oh, some one just woke up from her morning nap...

No comments: