Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Trip To Washington D.C.

Ryan came home Wednesday night and shared about every thing going on at the capitol with the House of Representatives... He said anyone could go down on the house floor and listen to the republican representative’s share their concerns. This is the first time in U.S. history that this has been open to the public. Ryan is very into politics and I knew this was important to him...So Friday morning at 5:30 we were heading south to the capitol.

It was an awesome day! We went to the Library of Congress, to the Capitol building (obviously), and saw the Washington Monument a few of the War Memorials and the Lincoln Memorial...A LOT of walking. We had decided that we would just wear or carry Riley the whole day. In one way I'm glad we made this decision, she was so happy the entire day!! She jabbered and smiled and napped on our backs or in the sling (and napped really well, she is not known to be a great napper!). Not a single whine or fuss the entire day of site seeing!!!

Thought today the 4 blisters on my feet and my aching legs this morning (surprisingly, NOT my shoulders! And I wore her for 4 or 5 hours straight!) are telling me that next time we should take a little $10 umbrella stroller that one of us can carry in one hand if the other is wearing Riley. That's what we're doing next time; we hope to go in the fall when it's COOLER!


Oh and I wanted to add that I probably got to do something that no other women in America has ever done before. Riley went into the capitol building with us (obviously), when we went down onto the House Floor she came along with us... She started to act hungry while we were listening to one of the representatives share, so I fed her. She is probably the first baby in the history of the United States to breastfeed in the House of Representatives! So that’s a fun little historical fact that no one but us will know about. ;0)


So here are some pictures from our day!







In the Library of Congress... RIley wasn't sure what to make of the camera. :0)


in front of the Supreme Court building.




Riley taking a ride on her Daddy's shoulders.

Ryan was trying to get a picture of Riley passed out on my back.


Couldn't resisist!



Real Men Wear Their Babies! :0P I was so proud of him, wearing Riley in my mei tai so that I could have a break. I'm going to make him a "Man Tai" black and grey with longer straps (the lenght for me didn't fit him as well) so that he can wear Riley and feel a bit more manly. :0)

Waiting for the metro at the Smithsonian station
passed out on the trip home...This picture was taken in the baby mirror we have up on the back seat so it's a little funy. But we thought he way she was sleeping were SOOOO cute! She is soooo much like Ryan when seh sleeps.
Just a goofy picture of our hands! The day away was really wonderful! I love how easily Riley fits into our life. We were thinking last night about how we can't remember what life was like with out her. How did we live all these years with out a RILEY?? It was a really special day, Riley was so happy the entire time (and really just an extension of one of our bodies the entire day) that it was surprsingly relaxing and some good time away from every day life.

No comments: