Thought I'd share this with all of you so that you could be praying for us.
A few weeks ago I signed up with the Nanny Agency that I got a summer job through back in 2005. Last weekend a family in the area contacted me looking for some one to care for their 4 children.
The pros: I could take Riley with me!
It would only be 1-3 days a week (7:30-2:30 so we'd be heading home in time for Riley's afternoon nap)...Some where around 50-60 hours a month.
The cons? Well I wouldn't call them cons but they do need some consideration. The family has a 5year old (in all day kindergarten so she won't be there all the time), a 3.5 year old, and 10 month old TWINS- same age as Riley! That would be 3 little ones the same age I'd be chasing.
Part of me thinks I'm insane for considering it, but the other part is really excited...I love kids, and this would open an opportunity for me to 1) contribute financially 2) get out of the house this winter (and summer for that matter) 3) give Riley some regular social interaction with other kids her age (and "big" kids too!) and those ideas excite me. The family would need me to work some evenings (maybe 1 a week), and maybe 1 or 2 over nights a month (like 7pm-midnight)... Riley is always welcome to come with me, the mother shared that the other nannies (2) they've had all had kids, and in a way it makes things crazier, but in a way the kids have playmates which makes it easier.
I just wanted to share, if you'd be praying for us as I meet with the family and decide if this what God has for our family at this point in time... It seems He sort of dropped it in my lap and I'm excited to see where it ends up going! :0)


No comments:
Post a Comment