Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Monday, December 8, 2008

A Job

Riley and I started work today! Not as a Nanny though, as a home health aide (HHA) elder care. I'm working 2-3 hours a day at a local assited living home. Working with a client with Alzhiemer's. It's a great opportunity and we're pretty much just there for company and to give the client interaction, we go and take walks and hang out. Riley is the hit of the common areas, every body wants to say hi to her...Riley likes all the attention and in the activity room (where the movies are playing) she walks around and dances and claps for every one during the musical numbers -It's so cute! I'm very glad to have her there, she makes it a lot easier to interact with every one.

We're just taking it one day at a time at this point to see if this will work for the long run or if it won't. The client I have doesn't walk and that makes it rough, but Riley rides on my back when we're walking(pushing the wheel chair) around. And I'm thinking about bringing in a playpen every day to put her in when I'm helping the client get in and out of her wheel chair.

More of an update on our life later (we had our Great Christmas Tree Hunt over the weekend).

And just for some fun: Riley walking Video! :0)

1 comment:

Kristin Conto-Dickey said...

That's great! It's awesome that you get to take Riley along too, how fun!