So 12 weeks...This is what is going on (<-- LINK) with the newest Burgett this week. And you can always visit our page (http://www.growingburgetts.blogspot.com/ for those who get the emails) and scroll down to the bottom of the page, I have "tickers" there that tell you exactly how far along we are, and what baby is developing that week.
And here is the first official preggo pics of the bit of a bump. I have to say I don't think it will be as fun to watch myself grow this time around. Especially because I know now how absoltuely massive I will be at the end, AND in the hottest part of the year! Brutal sense of humor you have there Lord! But right now while it's nice and cold (and I can easily reach my feet) I'll enjoy the growth. And I am thankful for this blessing- that sentence I am positive, will be my mantra come July and August!
Hmm, what else is new with us? Riley is cutting more teeth- she is miserable and her little mouth has a lot of white starting to peep through all over the place. It is just a really long process so far, every tooth has taken about a month to come all the way up/down, and often means a lot of pain for her. It has been a VERY long winter and it's still only the end of January! Today we tried to venture out to the store but the car was stuck in the ice...Then we tried to take a short walk but the sidewalks were just too icy. Very very very disappointing, I can't wait to go outside again!
In other news I got another job with an old client!! I was with this client for about 16mos before Riley was born and I LOVE her and I am so thankful to be back working with her. I am with her mon, wed, fri from around 6-9pm and it is an incredible break for me, her house is so peaceful! We visit and play games and then I am there to help her with her night time routine. And Riley REALLY enjoys her Daddy time, I think she is honestly sick of me by 4pm most days (kidding, sort of!). Its nice, he gets her all to himself a few days a week, I get a break, and I'm home in time for her to go to sleep (most of the time, she doesn't sleep well if we put her to bed before 8:30-9pm)
So I think that's all the news here I have some videos to add later on... Just of Riley wandering the house and jabbering, she has really taken the "talking" up to a whole new level the past few days, we LOVE hearing that sing songy voice...Her favorites are definitely "Daaaaaddy" (with many different inflections) and "Dooooooodgie" (doggie)...over and over again!
Oh and this is silly, but not, Riley has learned how to take bites! She no longer tries to shove massive pieces of food into her mouth, huge relief! It was so awesome watching the light bulb turn on as I was showing her how to bite off pieces of crackers..She was like "THAT's what those sharp things in my mouth are for!" It was so sweet, it has also opened up some new options (and time) as far as foods and snacks she can eat (she loooooves ritz crackers!).


No comments:
Post a Comment