Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ultrasound Today!

Earlier this week a woman from our old church who works with Care Net (the local Crisis Pregnancy Center) called me up and asked me if I would be willing to have an ultrasound done. The local CPC has ultrasounds available but their staff needs hours to get more training in so they can serve more woman. They ask local preggo Mom's from their churches to come in and "model" for them so they can get more experience. A mother who is questioning whether or not to continue with an unplanned pregnancy can come in to the center for a free ultrasound, 95% of these Mom's who see their baby decide to continue their pregnancy to term. Having this technology is a very big deal!

I love Care Net and I REALLY want to get involved with them down the road (when I don't have little babies in the house), but I want to help them where I can...And I love seeing our baby, so I called up the center and we went in this morning for a ultrasound. For 45 minutes I laid there and watched our little goobie run around the screen while 3 different nurses trained on how to do all the measurements on him.

He (yes we're sticking with "he" untill proven otherwise) is doing great. They kept commenting on how strong his heart was and when he was running around it was coming in around 170-180bpm and then he fell asleep for the last scan and it was down to 138bpm. He is measuring 14w6days (I know I'm only 13w4d's!) in both the CRL (crown to rump) and femure (leg) measurements, so he seems to be above average in size and growing really well...BOY was he active!!! I thought Riley was crazy in there, she had nothing on this guy! He was moving all over the place and sucking his thumb and stretching WAAAY out with his hands way above his head and drinking, so cute!

Here are the pictures they are a little blurry because he wouldn't sit still! And because the people scanning weren't as experienced.

Right side is head with fist on forehead and belly and legs stretched out to the left.



Baby's face and torso(center).

No comments: