At the risk of coming across as (okay I'll say it) "white trash" in the picture to come I'll share a little background. When Riley Joy was around 4 months old she started waking up VERY early, due to light coming in the windows. So we covered the windows with whatever blankets we could find and made do, Riley slept in past 6am and that's all we cared about!

Riley was a "big" help with the whole project! She ran around on the fabric while I cut it out and pinned it, and she tried to climb the step ladder after me. She sure had fun! I just wanted to share these picutres from today... The bottom right picture is her "jumping" it looks funny but it's one of her new tricks. :0)

Well we all got kinda accustomed to the nice cozy darkness. But waking up to those ugly blankets was driving me me up a wall! So for $2 a window I was able to make my own "black out" shades...I used a really nice soft grey denim and a dark green denim, sewed them together and tacked them up on the window... We'll find a better way to hang them down the road, but I couldn't get to the hardware store today and this sure beats the blankets!
(you can click on the pictures to get a better idea of what they look like)

Riley was a "big" help with the whole project! She ran around on the fabric while I cut it out and pinned it, and she tried to climb the step ladder after me. She sure had fun! I just wanted to share these picutres from today... The bottom right picture is her "jumping" it looks funny but it's one of her new tricks. :0)


No comments:
Post a Comment