Riley came down with a fever last friday (2/20) evening...Saturday morning it was 102, sunday morning in the early morning it was up to 103.7. We were all miserable. Riley couldn't sleep unless she was being held (unless Mommy was holding her, and holding a hot little body while pregnant and exhausted is not so fun- that and she insisted on sleeping ON my stomach! I don't know what that's about, because she's NEVER wanted to be there before-I guess she senses some thing is going on). Most of the time it would take hours to get her back down after she woke up. And her fever would climb and climb unless we had a constant rotation of motrin and tylonol going. It was a very.long.weekend.
Sunday evening her fever improved, Monday morning first thing she threw up (poor baby it was her first official "grown up" kind of experience and not fun for her at all!). Tuesday she broke out in a rash (I noticed it mostly) on her face, Wednesday (2/25) I called the doctor because the rash had spread all over her body and after 5 days of her being inconsolable I figured we needed to cave in and just take her in to get checked. I got an appointment for Thursday (2/26) afternoon.
This morning (2/26) she woke up happy as can be, her clinginess and down right grumpiness were all better...Her rash looked a lot better too. I felt a little silly brining in a perfectly (seemingly) healthy person to the doctor. But the doctor confirmed it was good we brought her in (so we knew for sure what was going on) and a good thing we waited because they wouldn't have been able to tell us any thing with just the fever and no rash.
Well doctors verdict? Roseola!!!
Well glad we know now and glad to have our happy girl back. Being pregnant and dealing with a sick toddler who is in obvious pain and needs to be held, rocked, nursed and soothed several times a night (well really she'd sleep for several hours and THEN wake up around 3 or 4am miserable and unable to sleep anymore) is really really hard. Especially when she wants MOMMY at 3am and will only take Daddy under great protest (she usually loves her Daddy, but Mommy is her night time person usually it seems). Not to mention the fact that Daddy wasn't really up to 3am soothing. Ryan came down with some sort of stomach bug Friday evening and was sick all weekend. He made a heroic effort to help as much as he could, but there is only so much you can do when you're sick!
I thankfully (thus far) have been skipped by the stomach bug- but I now have a nasty cold. Ah well, at least it's not Riley!
Baby #2 seems to be doing well- getting so big I'm feeling a lot more movements, I felt my first official good hard kick on Tuesday. :0)
I also took my 16 week picture which I guess I'll share here, it's fun to watch him/her grow!!! (in case you didn't know I did this with Riley too- I think it would have been cool to see me grow from the outside :0)
This morning (2/26) she woke up happy as can be, her clinginess and down right grumpiness were all better...Her rash looked a lot better too. I felt a little silly brining in a perfectly (seemingly) healthy person to the doctor. But the doctor confirmed it was good we brought her in (so we knew for sure what was going on) and a good thing we waited because they wouldn't have been able to tell us any thing with just the fever and no rash.
Well doctors verdict? Roseola!!!
Well glad we know now and glad to have our happy girl back. Being pregnant and dealing with a sick toddler who is in obvious pain and needs to be held, rocked, nursed and soothed several times a night (well really she'd sleep for several hours and THEN wake up around 3 or 4am miserable and unable to sleep anymore) is really really hard. Especially when she wants MOMMY at 3am and will only take Daddy under great protest (she usually loves her Daddy, but Mommy is her night time person usually it seems). Not to mention the fact that Daddy wasn't really up to 3am soothing. Ryan came down with some sort of stomach bug Friday evening and was sick all weekend. He made a heroic effort to help as much as he could, but there is only so much you can do when you're sick!
I thankfully (thus far) have been skipped by the stomach bug- but I now have a nasty cold. Ah well, at least it's not Riley!
Baby #2 seems to be doing well- getting so big I'm feeling a lot more movements, I felt my first official good hard kick on Tuesday. :0)
I also took my 16 week picture which I guess I'll share here, it's fun to watch him/her grow!!! (in case you didn't know I did this with Riley too- I think it would have been cool to see me grow from the outside :0)
And this is funny...Riley thinks this is how you wear glasses. She always asks for you to put them on her (some old 3D glasses that we gave her to play with), but she doesn't like them touching her face...THIS is how they were meant to be worn right?


No comments:
Post a Comment