It has hit the 90 degree mark here the past 2 days- blegh! WAY too hot for a PA April- it's a bit of a shock to the system. But even with these 2 hot days we have been enjoying the warmer weather (like the 60-70's could do with out the 90's!!)- and spending lots of time outside.
I've also kinda been nesting (well sort of early nesting) and trying to get stuff in order for new baby's arrival- we only have 15 weeks left untill the due date and it is going to FLY (well I'm hoping it will- I am not looking forward to going through my 3rd trimester in the hottest part of the year). Last summer we started cloth diapering with Riley Joy... But last fall when I got pregnant I stopped- I needed to do some more research and take some time to do some maintance on our "stash" and I just didn't have the energy to deal with it at the time.
Late last week I started diving in and researching, I now have a lot better idea of what I'm doing, and need to do to keep on top of it. AND I've learned how to make some more diapers for our stash!!!! New baby will be enjoying the benefits of cloth diapers along with his/her big sister! At this point we have about 30 cloth diapers of various kinds (prefolds for newborns, some fitted with covers, a few pockets and AIO and now some fleece AIO's I just made) I hope to make at least 15 more flannel pocket diapers and buy a couple more covers before new baby arrives- With all that taken care of + breastfeeding (Lord willing) we will have no baby costs as far as food/clothing goes the first 6-12mos (especially if we have a girl!And if this baby is as uninterested in solids as Riley was, she barely ate any untill she was 12mos old)...
hehe I'm definitely in a "planning phase" :0). Either way, with the economy the way it is we are doing every thing we can to get in the habit of living as frugally as possible. I got pretty much all of Riley's wardrobe for next fall for $16 at a $1 consignment sale at a local childrens consignment shop!!!! All the stuff was barely worn, some of still has the origional tags on it- and I got it for a $1 a piece. I'm quite proud of myself there, so thankful my friend mentioned the sale was happening...They have it spring and fall and we'll be heading back next fall to get spring stuff for both kiddos (if all goes well).
I took some recent pictures they'll tell the story of life lately better than I can :0)
We went to a park to play with Riley's buddy one afternoon last week- she had SO much fun pushing her babies around and riding her bike...There was a little incline to the "bike trail" in the kiddie area and she'd lift her feet up and coast down it so much fun!
We were playing outside yesterday- she got a lot of sunshine! She is wearing a little outfit that her Aunt Karis and Jenna wore when they were little- the tag says "size 4" but it fits her great and she looves it.
Another shot of our big girl- she is growing so fast!
SPRING!!!! = laundry on the clothes line :0)
These are the cloth diapers I made - 2 today and 1 over the weekend... I'm quite excited to have this new skill- I can make diapers for pennys! These were free as my Mom was kind enough to share some old fleece remnants she had sitting around :0) Cloth diapers have come a LONG way in the past 20 years, huh?


No comments:
Post a Comment