Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Friday, May 15, 2009

Just A Little (Okay Long) Update On Life...

Life is moving so fast- that seems to be how May always goes though. Riley Joy is 16.5 mos old and growing like a weed. It seriously feels, somedays, like she wakes up from her afternoon nap twice the size she was when we put her down. She is (haha it's hard to get a really accurate measurement) 34inches tall and some where around 22.5-23lbs. She is getting to be such a grown up toddler. She can now climb up in her jungle gym (a rubbermaid platform thing with a ladder and peek-a-boo holes and 2 slides some one gave us) in the back yard all by herself and go down the slide alone too. She loves to try things by herself, and any thing that is deemed "big girl" is a point of great pride to her. We are absolutely loving pretty much every aspect of this age- she is such a joy!

I was thinking the other day, "I know a couple of people whose little ones are just learning to walk at 16mos...RJ's been doing it for 5 or 6mos now, it would have been nice to have that extra 6mos with out having to chase her- have that extra time of "babyness". She's growing too fast."


But on Wednesday I was out hanging the laundry in the yard, while Riley ran around, climbed up in her jungle gym and played peek a boo with me. And then slid down the slide and raced around to do it again... I realized how it is better this way, she is so athleticy and has to be in motion- it just wouldn't have fit her to be a later walker. Though I hope this new baby is a leeeeetle more laid back and less into conquering every big milestone in the first 10months of life.


Speaking of new baby, s/he's doing great. Growing like crazy! I can't believe how big the movements are - and so fun and different than what Riley was like- a fun hint of the personality inside! And I really really can't believe I only have 3 days left of my 2nd trimester!!! I still can't figure how time flew that fast? I'm so looking forward to meeting this new baby- I am so done being pregnant, and I still have 12 weeks untill the due date!


Part of it is that it's hard with such a young, FAST toddler, and the other part is that I am in a lot more pain than I remember being in with Riley. My hips feel like they are going to fall apart and if I stay in any position too long (besides laying on my side- only place I am not in pain) I can barely walk when I start moving again. I've been visiting the chiropractor in the hopes that we'll be able to avoid the major malpositiong = c-section problem we had with Riley Joy...It turns out the one side of my pelvis is/was kinda messed up and the chiropractor thinks thats why Riley was so oblique/transverse/posterior - read, funky position! Anyway the thearpy with the chiro is wonderful and I leave the sessions pain free for a while. Supposedly visiting the chiroprator trained in the Webster technique can really help you have an easier labor- I'll give any thing a shot to avoid what I went through with RJ, that's for sure!

Apart from the ups and downs of being very pregnant I'm doing okay. This week I found out I'd be getting an undetermined amount of time off work. My client had an accident and is in the hospital. I have to say I'm really sad that she's hurt, but really thankful for this break... Chasing a very very very busy and energetic (and some days very fussy- she's cutting lots of teeth) toddler all day, trying to keep up with house stuff, and building a human being on top of working 3 nights a week and (lately) weekends too- well it's just been a bit too much- I am looking forward to the extra rest and needing to nest big time- I have a lot of diapers to sew up before new baby comes!


Ryan is doing well too... He's busy with work during the days and helping me with Riley Joy in the evenings. He is also volunteering some friends at the Liberty Bell Center for Constitutional Studies teaching about the constitution- he was also recently on Fox News/Glenn Beck on national TV- quite exciting! We'll try to share the video of it on here shortly- I think his family recorded it.



Other than that, every thing seems to be going well...We're truely enjoying the wamer weather and being able to to outside with out putting on a gazillion layers.

I had to share this picture, it was from this date last year- she was so tiny and sweet- 4.5mos old!

No comments: