Had our 34 week checkup today up at the midwife's house. It went really well- next visit is in two weeks and it's our HOME visit to do the "dry run" for labor, whoa!!! Time is flying way too fast. After that appointment we head up there every week untill baby is born and then Jen comes for the birth and to check on us a couple of times at home again after the baby is born.
Riley was really into what Jen was doing at todays visit. Since we've been going every 2 weeks now I think she is remembering things and realizing it's "okay". But today she watched interestedly while Jen took my blood pressure (good and low 116/66 yay!), and felt the baby (s/he's head down but was posterior at the appointment- which s/he somtimes sits at). Jen says the baby is a "good size" for 34 weeks- she estimates 5.5lbs already. With 6 weeks left to grow, we're probably looking at least an 8lb baby. :0) She isn't worried as I was also measuring 2 weeks ahead and so every thing is growing on track together.
Riley Joy gave baby kisses and listened intently and held the doppler speaker while we listened to baby's heart tones. She kept rubbing and patting my stomach talking about the "baaby".
Every thing else looks great, I've been feeling really nasty with a bit of anemia, but I think I've got my ironat! levels heading back up and not feeling as weak, dizzy, light headed as I did last week..Glad about that!
I can't believe in a few short weeks I'll be posting pictures of the newest member of our family. :0)


No comments:
Post a Comment