A light bulb turned on this week in the verbal department. We are just shaking our heads over the new things Riley is saying.
Last week the word of the week was "sippie" (siddie- now transitioning to "sipdie"). Her loooong "ssssss" before finishing the word was both slobbery and adorable. :0) She is so SO proud to be able to use that word to ask for a drink.
Wednesday the new word of the day was "Elmo". Riley Joy is a huge fan of Sesame Street- it is actually a little creepy to see how sucked into the show she is. She doesn't really like the cartoony segements (will literally find the remote and ask me to fast forward [DVR] through the boring cartoons!)- but she looooves the music and the monsters (specifically Grover and Elmo). We took a trip to the library Wednesday morning and passing the children's DVD rack Riley perks up and points at a DVD and pipes up "mElmo!!!!" it felt like her first word I was so excited. She carried that DVD arond the libary babbling about "mElmo" for a good 10 minutes. Then she got bored and made a "finger pool" out of her strollers snack tray and her sippie cup water- she had a blast while we waited to check out that's for sure, and I didn't notice (filling out paper work) untill the tray was almost over flowing- I wondered why she was SO happy at nap time.
Since wednesday she has also picked up cheese, please (though still won't repeat "on command" comes in goes in the knowing it seems), sink (though this one comes out a little different every time still), brick, and "bye" is now really and truely unmistakenly BYE (has always been "ba ba" which is also what she calls our dog Barny haha).
Oh and Bible is officially b-I-b-l-e not some variation of bubble as it has been the past several weeks. She loves to bounce along while I sing "The B-I-B-L-E" and at the end say her part of the song "BIBLE!" - she is very proud of knowing the words to the song ;0)
On top of her new words has come a LOT of chitter chatter- she is constantly trying new sounds and talking non-stop...If only we could understand what she was telling us about. We're enjoying the talk either way, she tells me these looong elaborate things in "dubba dubba bada biiiirdy duba duba duba" all the while grinning like it's a VERY funny story. I wish I knew the joke too. The conversations with lots of "SSSS's" are especially juicy, the "s" sound is new and not a tidy sound at all. :0)
She's really turning into an 18month old! I always read there was a huge shift that happens between 15 and 18 months, but WOW it's incredible to see how true it is! We're really really enjoying our "last days" with our only child- She's a joy! One month and 2 weeks untill the new baby is due!


No comments:
Post a Comment