Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dance Dance Riley-ution

Riley loves, I mean looooooves to dance! We just think it's so neat how it's built into babies that when they hear music they immediately have to move.

About two months ago Riley learned how to climb up on the piano keyboard bench and turn on the drum beat. More recently she has figured out how to play the music. I have no idea how she figured this out- it took me a while and I had the owners manual! Now she loves to climb up and play the music- or turn to me and ask me to get a specific song (we have 2 or 3 favorites that WE dance to together).

I tried to get a video of her dancing. She really wasn't as into it as she usaually is, she is growing up so much - she now gets self concious in front of the camera. It's kind of a long video but I figured the grandparents wouldn't mind getting to watch her for a minute or two. :0)







Video was taken yesterday afternoon. Sorry it's kinda wampy- I was trying to hold the camera and dance a little too. She dance for up to an hour- as long as I'm dancing with her she wil happily twirl and "kick" and stomp away- good exercise for me and baby too! :0) I am so so so glad I found some thing to use up some of her amazing energy. It has been extremely rainy for almost 2 weeks now and we've been stuck in the house way more than either of us would like...
Which leads me to the 2 pictures below. I got in a nesting mood early last week and Riley and I went out on the front porch and scrubbed it down (she had her own rag and really was a great helper!). We laid down the straw rug and brought out an old family quilt (to cover the wooden bench and play/hide under) and a toy box with stuff to play with and spend hours out there every day.
Riley recently discovered the sky and she looves to watch the airplanes fly, the people/dogs and cars go by, "da birdies" that play in the trees across the street, and ocassionaly a neighborhood rabbit or two hop in the yards. It has been an absolute life saver for her to get time outside even if it's pouring! I've been trying to find as many ways I can to use up that energy and it's not easy, I've been around and taken care of a lot of toddlers (a couple full time!) but never met one quite this busy!



"Taking Pictures" a new past time - sometimes we make them out of a couple of blocks- some times just one...But when she "takes" pictures of Mommy I have to make the "cheese" face. She's too much!

The "cheese" face. :0)

No comments: