Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Playground

We went to a park this morning with some friends... Riley had a BLAST! She loved the swings which is new- she had always started fussing when we've tried them before... I'm glad she enjoyed them so much- trying to follow a quick climbing toddler and help her with the sliding boards (WE went down 2 or 3 times together) when you're 9mos preggo = not a ton of fun. The swings WERE fun! She laughed so hard she was gasping for air.

Here are some picures (and hopefully the video) Riley has 2 new words this week "Noodle" and "Abby" both from Sesame Street. Yesterday we were watching Elmo's World and Mr. Noodle was dancing, Riley started giggling and piped up "Daddy Noooodle!"hehe I guess she thinks Ryan looks like Mr. Noodle?? Then this afternoon Riley's little friend Audrey (2 weeks younger) had an "Abby Cadabby" sippie cup- Riley piped up "AABBY!" - it's incredible how things click ...Every week she is learning so many funny new words.

Other favorite word at the moment: "Phone"- ANY time the phone rings Riley gets VERY concerned that it be answered immediately! She races over to where the phone sits on the mail table and starts shouting Phone (in case I didn't notice the loud obnoxious ringing?!?).

We're still waiting to meet baby. We had a sleepless night on Sunday night and an uncomfortable day Monday with early labor stuff, but things stalled out and though it was exhausting I'm glad we got that practice day. Baby's shoulder was jamming into the one side of my back and I was in a LOT of pain with back labor. We went to the chiropractor that evening and my wonderful chiropractor spent about an hour working on me and stretching things out and adjusting my sacrum... Baby turned a bit after that and what a relief!!! And then she showed Ryan some massage techniques and other comfort measures to do when labor starts for real. I feel like we're so much better prepared for when things get started for real! And I think Ryan does too. I hope I don't have back labor, and that baby stays with that little shoulder out of my back, but if s/he doesn't Ryan knows how to help now! :0)

Enjoying a drink with her "Riley" sippie- and buddy "Bobby"- he likes to hang around her a lot. (he's her toddler harnass- she loves him so much she asks to wear him even when we don't need to keep her close!)



"Ssssswin!!!!" as Riley says.



"What Mommy- you and baby don't want to follow up after me, why ever not?!?"



And the video... Sorry it's sideways I wasn't thinking when I was recording. She was giggling so hard during her first ride, I was trying to catch it again... She thought getting mud on my shirt was hilarious. And she uses a few of her new words too! :0)


No comments: