Our street has street sweeping every Wednesday and Thursday April 30-November 30. Ever since my family has lived here, we've just made it a point to move our car to the other side of the street on the specific street sweeping day. I've been living here, or coming here to visit, for the past (almost) 4 years and I have NEVER gotten a parking ticket.
Well we got home from our Florida trip on a Tuesday evening... The next day was Wednesday and the car had to be moved...But the trip threw me off and I thought it was Monday all day. Nope! I got my very first ever parking ticket. $20, ugh.
Well this morning, I was upstairs feeding Riley and I thought, "I need to go move the car as soon as she's done eating" ... 2 hours raced by and before I looked at the clock again, realized I was late, grabbed the keys and raced out the door. Only to find a lovely orange enveloped nestled under my winshield wiper, how nice.
I am so frustrated with myself...How could I have forgotten? I was working (I've made $5 so far today) ChaCha and trying to get some stuff together for my babywearing/tutu baby business and time just flew by. In between all that I've been taking care of a VERY fussy Riley Joy.
I don't know what to do with her. She is so fussy if I am not actively playing with her every second. SHe can entertain herself for 10 minutes and then she is done and wants me. That's fine, I understand, she's first priority but I am feeling so crowded and tired and BLEGH. I just need to get out of the house for an hour by myself. I think it's partly that Riley's been nursing SO much the past week... I'm sore, and I feel all touched out. And she's had some really rough nights that I have had NO patience for...Partly my fault because I have been staying up too late = very grumpy responses to her night waking.
Well enough whining. I feel awful about the parking ticket. It's not some thing we can afford to be throwing money into at the moment. I'm gonna go wash some dirty diapers and try to get some stuff done before Riley wakes up...Never mind she is up now.


No comments:
Post a Comment