Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Monday, July 21, 2008

Music...

My brother Joe gave me his entire classical music soundtrack. Thirty-five artists and about 50ish songs, I am so excited! My all time favorite musical piece is prelude from Bach´s Cello Suite No. 1 and I now finally have it! I don't know why I didn't downoad it years ago. So this morning Riley and I are listening to classical music and playing. She's really starting to crawl. She now goes forwards instead of just backwards. She is really super reliable sitting on her own now. Though yesterday we were at some friends after church and she was sitting on the floor and she managed to fall the one way that caused her to hit her head on the hardwood floor.

Anyway she went through another growthspurt and she's abslutely huge... So long, I can't get over how long she is! She loves to walk if you hold her hands to help her. Yesterday in the nursery at church a little girl (around 9) was in helping her Mom and she was walking Riley around. I was helping with another baby and keeping an eye out to make sure Riley didn't launch herself away from the girl and get hurt... Well one of the 1 year olds walked by Riley and Riley was only an inch or 2 shorter than her! She's in 12 month clothing for the most part already she's just so long. She's extremely independent! When she's walking she tries to pull her hands away so she can do it on her own... She only wants one hand held but she really isn't ready for that and generally ends up tipping over. What else is she up to these days? She likes to wave, and hits everything to see what noise it will make.. Bath time is cute as she is constantly slapping the water and getting splashed in the face. She is mesmerized by her hands.
She's getting really good at picking things up and has started to use her finger and thumb to get hold of some things... So now I have to really be on the look out for choking hazhards. She wants any thing and every thing that she isn't supposed to have and lets out horrendous angry shrieks when she's redirected (I am so looking forward to the toddler years!)...She can generally be appeased if given some thing equally fun to play with. She loves paper and if there is any thing papery with in reach it is immediately scrunched up and shoved into her mouth. I think my favorite part of being a Mom is watching her personality come out more and more every day. Though what I see appearing and growing is a bit overwhelming I am not surprised. I knew she was going to be a handful ever since I felt her first movement (at 12 weeks, no joke!). And her opinionated movements from the inside were just a hint of the stubborn, determined personality she has been pulling out here. Intense pretty much sums it all up, and she is extremely vocal if she doesn't like some thing (or does! :0). It's really kinda cool to see she is really a split of Ryan and my personalities... She got all the intense traits, though she really is a sweetie... The other day she was riding on my back in her Mei Tai and she was stroking my hair really gently and snuggling against my shoulder. I just eat up those moments, she rarely has wanted to be cuddled since she was 3 months old, she has to be in constant movement...The only time I get to cuddle her is when she's nursing....and even then she's flailing her arms around pulling at my neckline trying to put her fingers in my nose or mouth...She's a goof. We got her 6 month pictures done on Saturday I can't wait to get them back. We did a few tutu pictures and they turned out amazing! Here are some picture of her from this morning...




She came looking for me...

Found me, goofy expression! :0)


always sucking in that lower lip! :0)


And a video...

No comments: