Things are clicking! I've been teaching Riley some sign language the past 2 mos and this week she's started signing! She signs "nurse" when she's hungry (it's the "eat" sign), and when I tell her to "go get you blanket so you can nurse" she looks around the room for where her blankie got dropped last and crawls over to it and brings it back to me. It's incredible to see those little light bulbs turn on!!
She knows who "doggie" is, whenever we say "doggie" she looks towards Barnabas (the family's Westie) and smiles/bounces. She now regularly calls me "mama" and says "Daddy" when she's happy. :0) though her favorite sound is "DA!" which I think is her word for "that". Because she says it when she's looking at some thing.
She's so intense about every thing she does. Today I watched her kneel at her little xylaphone/piano and hammer away at it (ocasionally playing "twinkling" with her fingers like she's watched me do at my piano) she then began to sing and groan at the top of her lungs as she played. I was trying so hard not to laugh at her, it was sooo cute!
Hmmm what else is she up to? Oh Riley now waves "on command" and will sometimes say "He!!" when some one new comes into the room. She is also an amazing kisser. Hah she will happily and readily give Mommie, Daddy, and Nana kisses when we ask for them (and some times plants us with a juicey one when we dont'!!!) ...There is nothing in the world like a Riley kiss. I know I'm gushing, I just can't get over how incredible to watch how quickly things click!!
She's getting so close to walking, she'll walk around holding onto me with one hand. She could probably do it with out my hand but she just needs a little more confidence...I'm giving her lots of opportunity to practice and I have a feeling she'll be walking well before she's a year, maybe even by holloween!
Well It's getting late, I just wanted to wirte an entry.


No comments:
Post a Comment