Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Monday, July 20, 2009

37 Week Visit

Riley and I headed up to the midwife this morning. The visit was interesting, Riley had a rough night last night and was very clingy and upset at the appointment.

Every thing looks good and we got some surprising news, I'm 1cm, very ready, and effacing well and the baby is fully engaged at 0 station!! I knew the baby had dropped and I was beyond uncomfortable over the weekend, but I hadn't realized that baby was THAT low. Riley didn't get to 0 station untill the day or so before I went into labor. Each baby is different, but I have been feeling for a while now this baby isn't going to hang around in there too much longer. I'm rooting for July 30th, that's the 4 year anniversary of the day Ryan proposed- would be a nice Birthday :0p
Hehe and I think it would be kinda neat because I was in labor with Riley on Ryan and my 2 year wedding anniversary...Two anniversary babies- fun!

Also a huge praise, baby B is also in the most perfect position for birth. I'm not kidding this is a HUGE HUGE praise! S/he's "Left Occiput Anterior" (baby laying left with front facing my spine) which is a huge relief. Riley was "Right Occiput Posterior" (laying right with her spine to my spine) and she settled into 0 station presenting asynclintic (which means her head was presenting cockeyed/slightly ear first and so she got "stuck") hence the reason she was a sectioned. Looks like we have a better chance of avoiding that this time around. We're really quite excited! Praying this new little baby stays where s/he's at for an easier delivery.

Prayers would be appreicated in the coming days/weeks as we get ready for this new family member- there is still SO much to do and prayers especially for Riley Joy. She seems to sense something is in the air and has been especially clingy/cuddly and in general not quite herself the past several days. Some of this is probably teething, some of it is that 18mos is an intense milestone age, but some of it...Well it's just not like her at all. We're praying the adjustment to having a new sibling is no biggie for her, prayers for all of us would be appreciated.

I guess I'll close now, I thought it would be good to write out about the appointment today. I'm just so thrilled this baby doesn't seem to be having the major malpositioning issues Riley did!

No comments: