Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Amity Joy is 4 Months Old!

I'm not believing it, but the date on the calender is staring me in the face, how did that happen?

Amity doing amazing! At her "4month" check up (we went a week early) she was 16lbs 2oz and 26inches long- she's in the 95th percentile and doing wonderful. She's rolling over back to belly (but has been doing that quite a while now)...She loooves to stand on your lap and have a conversation with you. She "talks" quite a bit, and has gotten very good at grabbing hold of things and bringing them to her mouth...She prefers blankets to chew on over any thing hard and plastic. She is a ray of sunshine in this house she loves to snuggle. We are enjoying her so much.

Last week Riley turned 23months. She is doing amazing as well. We weighed her and she has finally cracked the 25lb mark and she is now 34-34.5 (it's hard to get a good measurement at this age) inches tall..She's grown leaps and bounds since Amity was born. She seems to learn 6 or 7 new words a day, her vocabulary amazes us- there really isn't a word out there she won't try. Her favorite big words are: Amazing, scrumptious, and delicious (food words from Sesame Street). She knows every single character from sesame street - Elmo still being her favorite- and loves to tell stories about them and read books about them (Her favorite being The School House where Elmo goes to preschool). Her favorite books right now are: a book about Puppies, What Baby Needs (a book by Dr Sears about having a new sibling), Poems To Read To The Very Young, Elmo Loves you, and the "I love my Daddy/Mommy Because" books. She absolutely LOVES to be read to, she will sit and listen really well... We are on Chapter 9 of The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe we read it up in the bedroom while I nurse Amity, Riley rolls around on the bed while I read out loud.
She is getting so affectionate and will surprise us with hugs and her newest thing is giving Mommy "back rubs"- I'm really going to push "training" in that area. ;0) She seems ready to start potty training right now- has seemed ready since around Amity's birth...But I couldn't do it with a newborn in the house and then by the time our newborn was "gone", the Holidays were approaching. No way I would be able to run errands with a freshly trained/training toddler and an infant- *I* don't even get to use the bathroom when we're out because it's too many things to juggle. So we're holding off until January and saying bye bye to diapers- prayers for the transition would be appreciated!

Well I don't have time to put pictures up but visit our site later today and I should have some up...

No comments: