Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Entry...

What an origional title! I thought I'd give in and join blogger. I'm not new to blogging, I've kept a xanga blog for 5 years (and will continue because xanga lets you save your archives to the computer)... But my sister-in-law started a blogger a few months ago. And then the hubby joined in, so now here I am. I don't know how much I'll be writing. But I thought it would be a good way to let people keep up-to-date on what is up in my life. What is up in my life? Riley. Husband. Riley....Pretty much life for me at the moment is consumed with being a Mommie and a Wife. It is who I am. I was thinking the other day about what titles I would use to describe myself...It's fun to look back at all the "titles" I've held...Many will always be the same, but most of them are always changing. Baby, Child, Girl, Woman...Sinner, Chosen, Redeemed, Adopted, Child of God. Friend, Buddy, Confidante... Daughter, Sister, Cousin, Niece...Friend, Girlfriend, Fiance, Wife...Mother, Mommie, and yes, Pacifier. Out of all those titles, Mommie is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I definitely love being a wife. It is an amazing honor to get to walk besides Ryan through life. Not a day goes by that God doesn't blow me away with what a perfect fit we are for eachother. But Mother, being so needed. Being the sun, moon, and stars to a new little soul. Being God's hands and love to a person who is so fresh and new. It is the greatest honor, greatest joy, hardest work I have ever faced. Wife has it's challenges and joys, and learning to balance the two is work. But just because Riley takes up so much of my time at this point, doesn't mean Ryan takes back seat. We're parents, we commited to take this journey together and knew changes would come with that commitment. You can't expect a newborns needs to wait becuase you haven't gotten an hour alone in 3 weeks. We're a team, we don't get as much alone time these days, Rily's almost 6 months old and things improve all the time. But she's a baby, they teeth, they hit a milestone, we lose sleep. But she's such a huge part of our world that anymore time than the hour or so we get after she goes to bed would be too much. We're so in love with our baby girl too much. And with this little rambling entry, I'll close with some pictures of Riley Joy ...From last week...



No comments: