About the pain in my mouth. Ocassionally when brushing my teeth I bump the back/side of my mouth a little too hard with my tooth brush...To a normal person this wouldn't be a big deal. But to my body, it is an insult. Two years ago I got this terrible pain in my mouth, I thought it was a sore or some thing from biting my cheek. But it kept getting worse and worse until I could barely open my mouth. I went to the doctor and he told me I had an infected salivary gland. GROSS!
Growing up when I had too much on my plate and was not getting enough rest I would get a mild sinus infection/cold... Not the end of the world, I just drank some extra orange juice and took a few extra naps and all was well.
Now instead of a sinus infection I get a sinus infection and my salivary gland freaks out. I shouldn't be surprised I am run down... 6 months of sleep deprivation, a long with 3 surgeries, a bout of flu, a little baby keeping me very busy during the days, and a number of other things on my plate I sholdn't be surprised at all that my body is run down.
My mouth hurts. I don't want to go to the doctor...I'm trying, HOPING, I can beat this by lots of sucking on things, lots of salt-water swushes, and REST.
Thankfully Riley has hit her 6 month growth spurt, she is nursing non-stop, and taking really long naps...Which means LOTS of laydown time for me. As the only way to get her to finish a meal in decent time is to curl up in bed together... Otherwise it's eat for a minute, pull of and giggle at me, eat for a minute pull of and look around and jabber, eat for a few seconds, giggle.. It's cute I enjoy a session like that from time to time. But I definitely enjoy our quiet curled up sleepy nursing sessions in bed together. God is good He knew how badly I needed rest this week.
But my mouth still hurts, not as bad as when I was sick like this 2 years ago...But it's still annoying.
Going to go lay on the hammock with Riley, she's fussing.


No comments:
Post a Comment