Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Crawling...

Riley is starting to crawl!! I'm not ready but I have a feeling that within a week or two she's going to be zipping around. Last night she did a full plank pushup (well it was more like she was doing a human triangle). Got up on her arms and her toes and stuck her bum waaay in the air, then got on her knees and took two "steps" before stopping and getting back on her tummy! I wasn't expecting this so soon, it seems like just a week ago she was this tiny ittybitty floppy newborn. :0( I have a feeling she's going to be a very early walker, she's really starting to understand the concept and if I put her on the floor standing and hold her arms she'll walk around.

I think what I'm worried about the most is the determination at which she WANTS things, it's BIG. She has always had quite a strong will, but it's just growing with ever week. If she see's some thing she wants, she is after it. Thankfully she's a baby so she can easily be distracted away from whatever she's wanting. But it's still hard to catch her before she's made a beeline for some thing she's NOT supposed to have.

Some thing catches her eye she skootches her little bum as fast as she can after it. Lately it has been sucking on Mommies flipflops. I was making supper last night and had left Riley playing on her blanket. I was peeping in ever few seconds (there's a window between kitchen/livingroom) and one moment she was on her blanket, the next I couldn't see her...I went in to find her across the room chewing on my flip flop!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH. She's worse than a puppy!

Baby proofing needs to start asap. Blegh.

Oh and other news she is fully sitting on her own now, she's been able to sort of do it for several weeks but she'd lose interest in a minute or two, now she'll sit like that for a while as long as she has plenty of toys right there...Otherwise she'll get on her belly to go after whatever.

I can't believe she'll be 6 months old on Tuesday!!!

No comments: