Our Sweet Girls...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

MUSIC

You can pause it at the bottom of the page

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Desperate Times...Call For Desperate Measures

The past several nights have been HORRIBLE. Riley's been waking up many many many (too many to count) times a night, I'm only geting 30-45 minutes of sleep at a shot and then spending 10-30 minutes awake trying to get her back to sleep. She's going to the doctor today for her 6 month check up so hopefully he'll rule out (or find out) any other problems she may be having...But I really think that my VERY sensitive baby girl is just not handling teething pain very well, ON TOP of a major growth spurt.

Last night was the worst, too much waking and no way to get her back to sleep except to either stand by the crib and sway (she didn't always want to nurse) or to feed her (she was super hungry).
So this morning we (as in Riley and I) went out to hunt for a new swing.

Over the weekend we were at a friends house and their little girl has a swing that's good up to 30lbs. At one point Riley was FREAKING (major stranger anxiety going on, some one else tried to hold her and she lost it for about 10 minutes), so I put her in that fancy swing and Riley was totally relaxed and FELL ASLEEP! She hasn't fallen asleep on any thing but me (some times/rarely in her crib she's crashed) in months. We found that swing (it's really not all that fancy) w/ a different pattern at babies R us and I bought it...I just assembled it and I hope hope hope that it is at least an option for Riley tonight if she is waking a lot...I'm exhausted!

And with that I'm going to go catch a nap and get ready to take the goober to our doctors appointments...I have to get my mouth checked (finally!) I'm a little nervous becuase I'm going to see the grumpy doctor. Oh well.

No comments: